Updated: August 21, 2023
THE MUNSTERS PHOTO GALLERY #09
The Munsters TV show was a 30 minute comedy series on CBS about a family of monster-like characters that didn't realize that they were different from "normal" people. The father looked remarkably like the Frankenstein monster. His wife appeared to be a vampire. His son looked like a "wolf-boy". There was the niece, however, who was perfectly normal. While they were very nice "monsters",
their neighbors were naturally quite fearfull of them and their strange ways.
The Munsters TV Show Cast:
Fred Gwynne ....... Herman
Yvonne De Carlo ... Lily
Al Lewis .......... Grandpa
Butch Patrick ..... Eddie
Beverly Owen ...... Marilyn ( Episodes 1-13 )
Pat Priest ........ Marilyn ( Episodes 14-70 )
The Munsters Trivia:
The Munsters lived at 1313 Mockingbird Lane. They had a pet dragon named "Spot" that lived under the stairs. Fred Gwynne graduated from Harvard in 1951 and performed in the famous "Hasty Pudding Drag Revue" there! He has authored / illustrated several children's books. The series was brought back for three seasons ( with new actors ) 22 years later and titled, "The Munsters Today". The original Munsters TV show ( except the pilot) had been recorded in black and white and the new program in color. When the episodes were all shown together later in sydication, the new series colors were toned down so that they wasn't so much contrast between the episodes.
Herman Munster worked for a funeral parlor called, "Gateman, Goodbury & Graves" and was always looking for a better job.
Lily's name in the pilot episode was Phoebe.
Grandpa Munster's Drag-u-la racer was shown in the closing credits of every episode of the 2nd season but only appeared in one episode.
Yvonne De Carlo had already been a huge Hollywood star when she took the role of Lily Munster on this series. Her greatest role was probably that of Mose's wife Sephora in, "The Ten Commandments". In 1964, movie roles for actresses over 30 were almost non-existant and Yvonne was 42 years old so she moved her career to the small screen although she did manage to land several additional movie roles after that, the final one being in "Sorority House Murders ( 1993 )". She won the title of "Miss Venice Beach" in 1938.
Al Lewis achieved a Ph.D. in child psychology from Columbia University. At one time, he worked in a circus act. He appeared on numerous television shows, starred on the series, "Car 54, Where Are You?" and appeared in vaudeville ... burlesque ... and
broadway. When the series ended, he opened a restaurant in Greenwich Village called, "Grandpa's".
Butch Patrick actually wanted to "retire" from show business but needed money. He formed a musical group called, "Eddie and the Monsters" to capitalize on his role on The Munsters. His father ( Ken Hunt ) was once a pro baseball player.
Beverly Owen worked behind the scenes for "The Ed Sullivan Show" and the "Captain Kangaroo Show" prior to her appearance on the Munsters.
Pat Priest's father was U.S. Treasurer from 1953 to 1961. If you have any U.S. currency from those years, you'll see his signature
on it. Pat was one of the lucky recipients of a car from Elvis Presley. Elvis bought cars for quite a few people over the years. Today, Pat buys houses that need work, restores and resells them.
Theme Song Lyrics
Title: "The Munsters"
Lyrics By: "Bob Mosher"
Music By: "Jack Marshall"
Note: These lyrics never aired on the show. They were, however, heard on a 1964 record album titled, "At Home with The Munsters".
when you are walking down the street at night and behind you there's no one in view. But you hear mysterious feet at night,
then the Munsters are following you. If you should meet this strange family just forget what some people have said, The Munsters
may shake your hand clammily but they're not necessarily dead. Behind their house you mustn't be afraid to see a figure digging
with a spade. Perhaps someone didn't quite make the grade withTthe Munsters, with The Munsters. If when you're sleeping you dream a lot, Ghoulish nightmares parade through your head, and then you wake up and scream a lot, oh The Munsters are under your bed.
At midnight if creatures should prowl about, and if vampires and vultures swoop down. And werewolves and fiends shriek and howl about, Oh The Munsters are out on the town. One night I dared peak through their window screen, my hair turned white at such a
crazy scene. Because every evening its Halloween at The Munsters, at The Munsters.
Episodes List with Original Air Dates there was a pilot episode for The Munsters but it wasn't shown on air. The title of the
pilot was "My Fair Munster" and some of the cast were different. The pilot was reshot later and aired as episode #2!
The First Season:
1. Munster Masquerade ( 9/24/1964 )
2. My Fair Munster ( 10/1/1964 )
3. A Walk On The Mild Side ( 10/8/1964 )
4. Rock-a-Bye Munster ( 10/15/1964 )
5. Pike's Pique ( 10/22/1964 )
6. Lo-Cal Munster ( 10/29/1964 )
7. Tin Can Man ( 11/5/1964 )
8. Herman The Great ( 11/12/1964 )
9. Knock Wood, Here Comes Charlie ( 11/19/1964 )
10. Autumn Croakus ( 11/26/1964 )
11. The Midnight Ride Of Herman Munster ( 12/3/1964 )
12. Sleeping Cutie ( 12/10/1964 )
13. Family Portrait ( 12/17/1964 )
14. Grandpa Leaves Home ( 12/24/1964 )
15. Herman's Rival ( 12/31/1964 )
16. Grandpa's Call Of The Wild ( 1/7/1965 )
17. All-Star Munster ( 1/14/1965 )
18. If A Martian Answers, Hang Up ( 1/21/1965 )
19. Eddie's Nickname ( 1/28/1965 )
20. Bats Of A Feather ( 2/4/1965 )
21. Don't Bank On Herman ( 2/11/1965 )
22. Dance With Me, Herman ( 2/18/1965 )
23. Follow That Munster ( 2/25/1965 )
24. Love Locked Out ( 3/4/1965 )
25. Come Back, Little Googie ( 3/11/1965 )
26. Far Out Munsters ( 3/18/1965 )
27. Munsters On The Move ( 3/25/1965 )
28. Movie Star Munster ( 4/1/1965 )
29. Herman The Rookie ( 4/8/1965 )
30. Country Club Munsters ( 4/15/1965 )
31. Love Comes To Mockingbird Heights ( 4/22/1965 )
32. Mummy Munster ( 4/29/1965 )
33. Lily Munster - Girl Model ( 5/6/1965 )
34. Munster The Magnificent ( 5/13/1965 )
35. Herman's Happy Valley ( 5/20/1965 )
36. Hot Rod Herman ( 5/27/1965 )
37. Herman's Raise ( 6/3/1965 )
38. Yes, Galen, There Is A Herman ( 6/10/1965 )
The Second Season:
39. Herman's Child Psychology ( 9/16/1965 )
40. Herman, The Master Spy ( 9/23/1965 )
41. Bronco Bustin' Munster ( 9/30/1965 )
42. Herman Munster, Shutter Bug ( 10/7/1965 )
43. Herman, Coach Of The Year ( 10/14/1965 )
44. Happy 100th Anniversary ( 10/21/1965 )
45. Operation Herman ( 10/28/1965 )
46. Lily's Star Boarder ( 11/4/1965 )
47. John Doe Munster ( 11/11/1965 )
48. The Man For Marilyn ( 11/18/1965 )
49. Herman's Driving Test ( 11//1965 )
50. Will Success Spoil Herman Munster? ( 12/2/1965 )
51. Underground Munster ( 12/9/1965 )
52. The Treasure Of Mockingbird Heights ( 12/23/1965 )
53. Herman's Peace Offensive ( 12/30/1965 )
54. Herman Picks A Winner ( 1/6/1966 )
55. Just Another Pretty Face ( 1/13/1966 )
56. Heap Big Herman ( 1/20/1966 )
57. The Most Beautiful Ghoul In The World ( 1/27/1966 )
58. Grandpa's Lost Wife ( 2/3/1966 )
59. The Fregosi Emerald ( 2/10/1966 )
60. Zombo ( 2/17/1966 )
61. Cyrano De Munster ( 2/24/1966 )
62. The Musician ( 3/3/1966 )
63. Prehistoric Munster ( 3/10/1966 )
64. A Visit From Johann ( 3/17/1966 )
65. Eddie's Brother ( 3/24/1966 )
66. Herman The Tire Kicker ( 3/31/1966 )
67. A House Divided ( 4/7/1966 )
68. Herman's Sorority Caper ( 4/14/1966 )
69. Herman's Lawsuit ( 4/21/1966 )
70. A Visit From The Teacher ( 5/12/1966 )
TV Reunion Movies:
The Munsters' Revenge ( 3/27/1981 )
Here Come The Munsters ( 10/31/1995 )
The Munsters Scary Little Christmas ( 12/??/1996 )
Munster, Go Home!